one of my best's friend's 21st birthday falls was yesterday. I had to travel all the way to costa sands with the unforgiving weather and on top of that, carrying my new pair of shoes which I had jus bought from cathay. lucky for me, I always bring my umbrella wherever I go. It finally paid off even for this one time as it rained continuously for 2 consecutive days.
yeaa lizhen's birthday party is the only party that I would ever attend with the fact that I only know the birthday girl and no one else. Si jia isn't really counted since I have not seen or spoke to her at all for 7 years. I thought it was gonna be an awkward experience since I was gonna have to make new friends and mingle with people that I was gonna see for the first time. We played a round of monopoly deal which I won. (I always win monopoly deals) Then we played saboteur, a first time for me. I must say it's quite a simple game where the players are either miners or saboteurs and the aim of the game is for the miners to find the gold and the saboteurs to stop them. Played a few rounds of that. That kinda got me acquainted with lizhen's primary school mates and I must say they are very friendly too. It was easy to make friends.
Nxt came the cutting of the birthday cake. Didn't expect lizhen to mention me in her speech. haha. quite touching really. Oh, this is the 1st time i see her cry in person though she has cried over the phone countless of times.. lol. well, family always hits a soft spot in our hearts don't they?
after that came to my fav part of the night. the drinking games!! we played many different ones, indian poker, 7-up, game of 21 and a team game. my personal fav was the game of 21. i found it quite interesting when my rule made tons of ppl drink double shots. it was to say 'thanks your majesty' before you drink. my rules were the best throughout the night i must say. a good rule is when people tend to forget to adhere to it. i was abit tipsy at the end of all the games and i nv drank that much before. quite an experience when you can't walk straight.
I was quite happy that i made many new friends and catched up with old ones. its always gd to know more people though you know that you might never see that ever again. Afterall, we won't know what would happen in the near future at all.
1 thing that was happening throughout the birthday party was people asking me how i knew the birthday girl. and really how we came to know each other is really amazing. Thank God. So i had to explain over again that i was the friend of her sec sch friend and bla bla bla.
anyway, thank you for the invitation lizhen! I was quite glad that I decided to turn up in the end though I was quite half-hearted at first. and HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY AGAIN! finally an adult huh.
1 of my friends pangsehed me today. I was quite pissed but I didn't show it. She knows it was only the 2 of us and if she sold the ticket it would mean I would be going alone and I would be with a stranger. But she still went on with it. giving some crap excuse about saving money. If you really did want to save money, why bother to even ask me whether I want to go in the first place. If you really needed money, you wouldn't be working part time for $6.50 an hour. Maybe it's not for me to judge but maybe a better explanation would suffice. better go find my replacement before its too late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment