Friday, June 17, 2011

Life

the cliche question. What is life? Life is filled with many surprises and uncertainties that the only thing we can be sure of is that nothing is for sure. What we have today does not mean that we would have tomorrow. Life is unfair. Yes i repeat, life is unfair. for people who believe that life is fair, let me tell you this. It is not. Some people just have their lives laid out for them, everything going smoothly, without them needing to be worrying about anything. Some people miraculously get what they want, while others who are more deserving have to slog their hearts out only to know that they got rejected.

Something happened today which makes me believe that life is fragile, we never know what happens tomorrow. We should learn how to cherish what we have now, rather than complaining about what we don't have. It's human nature to try to put the blame on others rather than on ourselves. Fighting for what we want and whether we get what we really want is all our personal responsibility. No 1 is going to pity you if you are a failure and not because you tried and failed, but because you refuse to try hard enough and putting the blame on others.

For someone who hasn't yet reached 21, the age where we are considered as adults, I believe that some of my peers dun really put much thought into all these matters. I think upbringing is very important, I am lucky to have a family who takes care of me, and teach me all the social values that many parents do not give their child. Im not afraid to say that I love my parents cause I really do. For those out there who are having problems with your parents, all I can say is, most parents want the best for their children, (i cant say all parents cause i know some parents only care for themselves, and i am not lying about this) you might not see it now. But eventually as we get older we begin to see that what they have done despite us not agreeing with them is all for our own good. I won't be where I am today if not for my mum who keeps pestering me to study hard. I think i would have flunked my exams and that is for sure.

To be honest, I'm not very lucky when it comes to relationships. My very first girlfriend was quite a mistake, i was more of a rebound th in an an actual boyfriend. But nevertheless, it had thought me how to treat girls well, how they think (yes girls are still unpredictable), and what they expect from their boyfriends. The girls whom i like never seem to reciprocate and I always ask myself. I'm so many times better than him why not me. But in time, I realised that love is blind. It doesnt matter if you are fat, ugly, dumb, playboy, smart, handsome or cute, love has a way for the other party to ignore those traits of ours. I believe in order for a relationship to work, both parties have to like what they see in each other, in other words, a match in personality. I'm a person who looks for long-term relationships. I never believed in short term relationships or flings as I believe in order to really love someone, you have to imagine being with her for the rest of your life. I am not sure when i'm going to meet my future wife. I really wonder what she will turn out to be. It's been a long while since i did a post like this. It really does feel good to pen your thoughts down and able to come back to read them all over again as years go by.

p.s: sorry for the random thoughts on life. It's nt very organised because i tend to type whatever that comes to my mind without much structure.

No comments: